Signs That You Need Tuition
Hire a qualified tutor so that your grades can improve
Students don’t fall behind all at once. It happens a little every day.
Have any of these happened?
- You listen carefully in school, but some concepts are just impossible to grasp. And you are too shy to ask your school teacher
- Your daughter’s grades keep falling despite her best efforts
- Your son’s teacher has sent you messages that he has not been handing in his homework
- Your teacher told you “read more widely”. You are keen to do this, but how and where do you start?
- You are losing confidence, and are very anxious about tests
- Out of frustration, you have told your son, “If only you would try, I am sure that you can do well.”
- You studied all the materials in the text book, but the exam question was about something that wasn’t in the book
- You understand the exam question, and the content in your text book. But it’s so hard to apply what you’ve learnt
- You have enrolled at tuition or enrichment centres, and you are still not able to cope with exam questions
- Some mornings, you wake up feeling defeated and are dreading another day of school
- Your daughter’s homework grades are generally good. But almost always, her CA and SA grades are disappointing
- When you hand in homework, there are many errors even though the topics were already covered in class
- You wonder if you have picked up bad study habits, and why your classmates are always doing better than you
- You want to know why your son does not care about school work, and what you can do about it
Excel in School Exams
We live in a society where academic performance is important.
Every year, students continue to perform increasingly better at the PSLE, as well as the GCE “O” and “A” Level exams.
Students who did well at PSLE enter the Integrated Programme and are guaranteed places in junior colleges. The competition is no less intense for those in secondary schools vying for a smaller number of available places at those top junior colleges.
The Ministry of Education/Ministry of Trade and Industry reports that every cohort sees about 47.8% of students taking up Diploma courses, while about 30% go on to publicly-funded University level studies.
* Publisher: Ministry of Trade and Industry – Department of Statistics
Source: Ministry of Education
Much of our students’ success depends on how their teachers impart academic knowledge and exam skills to them.
Quality Of Teaching
The quality of teaching is consistently high in Singapore. Our teachers at MOE schools attend up to 100 hours of professional development annually.
The Singapore government invests heavily in education. In 1981, there were 30.1 primary school students to one teaching staff. In 2014, there were 16.5. In secondary schools, there were 21.6 students to 1 teaching staff, while in 2104, there were 12.5 students to 1 teaching staff.
The average class size in Singapore – according to data.gov.sg – is 34.7 students (Secondary), 33.6 (Primary), and 22.7 (JC) in the latest survey conducted in 2014.
When Do You Need Tuition?
Professional tutors should be called upon when a student finds that the attention and support of a classroom teacher no longer meets their individual learning needs. This can be a result of many factors including:
- Curriculum progression
- Time constraints
- Individual learning difficulties
- Miscommunication between teacher and student
We have over 20,000 experienced tutors in our team. Our tutors’ qualifications range from current teachers at MOE schools, experienced university undergraduates, university lecturers to PhD-holders. They are very familiar with the latest MOE syllabus and exam requirements.
Our tutors are shortlisted based on their academic background, teaching ability, experience, personality, motivation and reliability.
Tutors join our team because we are careful when matching their skills with students’ aspirations.
Just let us know your expectations and we will recommend a good match for you – within your requirements.
Who Hires Tutors?
Our clients include parents who are principals and teachers at MOE schools, university lecturers, professionals (lawyers, doctors, accountants), public sector executives, SME owners, young parents, and grandparents. We also match tutors with assignments at Singapore’s leading tuition centres.
Our tuition assignments suit all budgets, across Singapore.
We believe in delivering on each and every promise.
If for any reason we feel that we are not able to fulfill the assignment, we will tell you, so that your time can be spent more fruitfully.
Why Best Tutor?
We are fast. We are well-known.
We provide the winning edge in education services.
Best Tutor’s academic advisors include former Heads of Departments at top Singapore schools, the chairman of the World Education Council (https://www.facebook.com/WorldEducationCouncilPolicyMakers), an educational psychologist, and a university professor who specializes in pedagogy.
Parents, students and our tutors consult our academic advisors whenever they have concerns over memory skills, motivation, understanding and memorization techniques for key concepts, study methods, and all aspects of supplementary education.
Our expert resource persons will advise you on effective ways to learn, remember, and apply information that is required for you to succeed.
Free, Easy and Effective Tutor Matching
Hire a reliable tutor within your budget and according to your requirements.
Through the years, we have established a broad and deep network of specialist tutors in all the academic levels (primary and secondary schools, and junior college) and across academic subjects.
Best Tutor has developed the most effective methods of matching qualified experienced tutors to help students perform better at exams. Every student has different learning needs. Some students learn by cramming everything in a short period of time, hours before major exams. Others need constant reinforcing in order to understand the content. Best Tutor knows how to find committed tutors who can identify the causes for lower than expected grades, and tailor the lessons to suit the learning needs of each student.
Catch The Problem Early
The core learning methodology of the Singapore education system is that each skillset is the foundation for future lessons, much like Lego bricks being carefully situated next to the other.
Build a strong foundation for your child. Remedial tutoring can start at any age, but catching the problem early is best.
Hire A Tutor
Bring in a qualified tutor because you know that when your child stays “I don’t care”, he really means “I am too scared to care because then I might fail”.
If you are a student whose parents and teachers are often complaining that you are not putting in enough effort into your work, hiring a home tutor will help you know if your study methods and exam skills are correct.
Making the decision to hire a private tutor AND finding the right one can make all the difference in helping your child get his education back on track.
Talk to Best Tutor now, and see for yourself how our tutors can help you in the subjects you are weak at.
Contact Best Tutor now!
Free, Simple, Fast
Choose a reliable and committed tutor today
Prefer to call/whatsapp us direct?
We’re at 88766-121